Friday, December 12, 2008

What do you make from the springs?



I get this question all the time from everyone. What in the world do you want old box springs for? I usually tell them that I am going green. I take all the old springs that I can find that would have gone to our over filled lanfill and turn them into useful things, and I also sell them to other folks like me who does the same thing with them. They are very impressed with my genius by then, or else that look just means that they still think I am crazy.

The doll on the spring above is my Captain Jack Pirate Nodder. I modeled him to look like Jack from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I have also made a pattern for a hen sitting on her nest, a crow, an antique quilt heart, and a big bumble bee on the springs. I have plans to make a lot more nodder patterns, but I have not gotten a roundtoit yet. I am going to have to get me one of them things real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment