Friday, December 12, 2008

Where do I find all my springs?


One day I was out in a neighborhood with some friends and I found the perfect set of box springs laying beside the road ready for the city trash pickup. I do not own a truck, and the only way that I could get them home was to pay my neighbor to go get them for me, but this was on the weekend, and my neighbor is always gone all weekend. By the time he came home Monday and could go get them for me the trash pickup crew had already came by and hauled them away. Feeling very disappointed and irritated I called the city trash pickup number and asked them if they had any more springs to be picked up. The girl on the other end of the line asked me what in the world did I want with old box springs. I told her that I put dolls on them, and I also sold the springs on Ebay. After laughing for a few minutes about the crazy things people buy on Ebay, she promised to call me when her next pickup order came in. Two days later she called me back telling me that she had an order to pick up a box springs and mattress set, but that they both had to be picked up that evening because the truck was scheduled to run the next morning. This time my neighbor was home and could go right away and get the springs for me. He was happy when he got back because the lady at the house where he picked them up paid him $20 for taking them away so all he charged me was $10 for going and getting them for me which made me very happy also. I have also had friends and relatives give me their old mattresses and box springs, and I have had a little success with a Craigslist ad asking for old mattresses and box springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment